Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our visit to the pumpkin patch












Fall is hands down my most favorite time of the year! I do love the winter season too, but, I just love the fall colors. Growing up in Florida, I never really got to appreciate the outdoors during this time, so, I have been trying to take in as much as possible while we are here in CO.

I decided that it would be fun to take Abigail to a pumpkin patch for her first fall with her daddy :-). I researched for a bit and came across one farm that had a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, and hay ride. This was everything that I wanted, and, a farm seemed perfect since we'd be able to get great pictures with a field of pumpkins as our background. Sadly, upon arrival...it was NOT what I expected. Abigail was scared, tired, and cold. There were at most 20 pumpkins sitting in the dirt (I should have turned around when I saw the shipped boxes of pumpkins hanging out in the barn.) The petting zoo consisted of bunnies and chickens in their coupes and a horse and goat in a little pin. I guess these were the animals that I was picturing...but, not in the atmosphere they were in. Oh...and that hayride...it was a little tractor with fake green hay stacks to sit on. Real special, haha. So...I think I'm going to do a little more research for next year :-P.

We did get to go to Starbuck's afterwards, and, that was DELICIOUS :-P.

No comments: