Saturday, November 1, 2008

Abigail's first Halloween





Well, yesterday was both wonderful and....not fun, haha. I took Abigail to work in her little bear costume (well, it was really Meredith's...she let me borrow it). I decided that it wasn't girly enough, so, I put in two of Abigail's bows. I was so excited that I was finally able to use them, since, she doesn't have any hair. Work was fun, there were so many workers and kiddies in their costumes. After work, Lynda came down and we went to Old Colorado Springs for lunch (where else, haha). It was SO SO COOL!!!!!!!! All of the shop owners/workers were dressed up in their halloween costumes and handing out candy at their doorways. All of these families were going from shop to shop Trick or Treating. It was so cute to see all of these little kiddies in their costumes. It exactly how I always envisioned Halloween. Perfect Fall scenery and happy people running around.

After lungh, we came home and started a movie. Christian called, which always makes a day exciting! After a couple of hours, we started to get Abigail ready to go to the mall for Trick or Treating (mommy wanted free candy) and to meet up with Jessica and her family. Let me tell you, it is NOT what I expected. It was over crowded, almost everyone was indecently dressed (was I really back at FSU???), the employees were grumpy because they were stuck handing out candy, kiosk workers were still trying to sell their lotion and cell phone service, and people were shoving. Never again!!!!!! I think we'll return to the pleasant atmosphere of Old Colorado Springs next year where everyone is happy and polite!

We did manage to get a few pictures of Abigail, but, it was at the end of the day and she was quite grumpy, hehe. Still cute, though. You can see her formula mustache in one of the pictures. We had to keep her happy in those crowds somehow (no way was I breastfeeding in that mess!).

1 comment:

Ren said...

So cute! Abigail is so precious!!! You're looking really good too, mommy! You're getting thin.

I love you! I'll write in my blog for once..