Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Day at the Zoo










Yesterday morning, my friend, Jessica, called to see if I wanted to join her on an adventure to the zoo. I was bored, and thought that Abby would really enjoy it, so, I decided to tag along. We met up around 10am and started our adventure. We fed the giraffes, which, Abby was a tad scared. Noah had so much fun for the first few minutes, but, then became scared, as well. We decided that it was time to move along.

There were so many cute animals! My favorite were the monkeys and the cute bear that climbed a tree for us!!! OH, and while we were at the lions den, a whole bunch of kids were tapping on the window. Jessica and I were standing really close so that we could try to find the lions. All of the sudden, one jumped up against the window, claws out and gave us all a heart attack! Everyone was laughing because the whole group jumped at least a foot. We were also able to see a peacock with it's tail extended. Abigail's favorites were the swinging monkey's and snacks, haha.

After the zoo, we drove through Fazoli's for lunch and then headed back to Jessica's. I had Abby try out some garlic bread and fettuccine alfredo, but, unfortunately, it was not a hit for her. She did, however, enjoy playing in it. I had a big mess to clean up, but, I'm glad that she was so excited to play around...and, she did eat a few pieces of the garlic bread.

While Jessica and I were at the zoo, we had spotted the coolest stroller. We harrassed the poor woman with all kinds of questions, and, after lunch, ventured out to find it. Neither one of us bought it, yet, but...trust me...it IS the stroller I want when number 2 is here someday. Not that anyone here cares...moving on.

After we were done looking around, I dropped her off at her place and Abby and I headed home. Poor Tupac had been locked away in his crate for 12 hrs. and the angel didn't have a single accident. He had many treats for his suffering, haha.

Oh, and Abby has been really good with eating her finger foods. Last night, she had diced banana, shredded turkey, and cubed cheese. Yummy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did you go to the same zoo that we went to? It's a pretty cool zoo! Atleast Abby was awake for most of it this time. :-P