Thursday, July 16, 2009






Abigail turned 11 months old yesterday, meaning...she now has one month to go until she 1 :-(! I don't think I'm ready to have a 1 year old. She marked this special day by having a first. She took her first bath without her ducky assistance, haha. She LOVED being able to move around the entire tub. She was crawling and rolling all over the place. I can't wait until Christian comes home, because he'll be the one doing bedtime routine, hehehe. He'll get to watch how much fun she has in the tub.

Another thing that Abigail is now doing is cruising along furniture. It's fun to see, but, oh my! I need new places to hide things. I use to be able to put things on the ottoman so they were just out of her reach, but, she can now easily get to them. I'll have to find a new place for Christian's coffee table books, since, she is especially attracted to them. One has already lost a page, whoops. On top of cruising, Abby likes to crawl on top and into things. I have a tub of ribbon out so I can make bows for a friends little girl. It is currently on the floor against the sliding glass door, so, Abigail loves to crawl on it, and pull herself into a standing position against the door. It's quite scary!! She also likes to crawl into the bumbo and use it as a stepping stool. I have it against her toy shelf, so, she crawl into it, stand, and start to pull all sorts of toys out to throw on the ground. Seriously...I take two seconds to fill her sippy cup, and, these are only two of the horrifying pictures I have come back to.

Another would be her adventure in the bathroom. I had left Abigail in the hallway, to, yet again fill her sippy cup. When I returned, she was no where to be found. Then, I heard a "kerplunk" and "splash". Scared that Abigail might have fallen in the toilet somehow, I ran to the bathroom. I found her standing at the toilet looking in...meaning, if she wasn't in there, something else was. A few things actually. The two nobs covering the nails on the toilet were in there, as well as a metal hand thing from the toilet pipe...thing, haha. Now, the apartment we live in is very old, so, these things are easily removeable. I had scrubbed that bathroom the night before, so, everything was in it's proper place...I don't know how she picks out these things. Needless to say...there is now a babygate in the hallway and to that bathroom.

No comments: