Monday, January 12, 2009

Ahhh, reality has finaly kicked in.





I have to say, I was spoiled while I was back home. I became so used to having at least five other helping hands. Now, here I am, back to typing with one hand, doing the dishes and other various chores with my tag along riding my hip. Back to the mad dash clean ups during every precious 15 minute nap Abby takes. And, back to the snow. Oh Florida, how I miss thee!

This morning was a major wake up call when it came to driving in the snow. I thought it was easy peasy, especially with nice tires on our car. I drove down the entrance way to our complex this morning as usual and all of the sudden, it was as if I had no breaks. We just slid straight into the road. I paused, took a breath, said a prayer, and continued on my way to work. I get to the end of my road and take a quick left, not wanting to wait while the other hundreds of cars drove by. Well, thank goodness no one else was driving in the lane that I turned into, because, my car lost traction and turned in a full circle. Again, I paused, took a breath, said another prayer, and drove 20 mph the rest of the way to work. Lesson learned!

Here are a couple of pictures from today. I learned that my camera had a timer, so, I had fun jumping into a couple. I'm working with Abby on sitting. Haha, she's not too great at it yet, but, she'll get there...in a few months :-P.

1 comment:

Ren said...

Haha! She looks so relaxed sitting with her bean bag. You look adorable in both pictures. Yay for timers!! I like seeing my sisters face next to abbi's :) :)