Monday, January 26, 2009






Well, Abby and I have been in FL for four days now to see my Grandmother. She is doing better, but, we have no idea what is going to happen. She had a stroke, so, her speaking ability has gone down, but, everyday is a new day and her wording becomes slightly better. I also think that she is starting to recognize us a little bit more. It's so hard to see her like this when we just saw her over Christmas. She wasn't too great then, but, she wasn't so guarded as she is now. She is so strong willed and stubborn, so, she won't speak if she doesn't feel as if she can say what she wants to say. When she gets overwhelmed or when people fuss over her too much, she just says, "goodbye!"

We saw my other Great Grandmother, Granny Hall...I'll try to take a five generation picture at some point before going home. Heather is also in town, and it has been so nice to see her and Lauren. I always miss my family so much. I never thought that I would say this, but, I wish that we were all living in Pensacola again. I always think of Abby in PCC, hahahha...yeah right. There isn't a school here that I would want her to be in :-P. Maybe PCA, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh...they wouldn't accept a child of mine, hehe...I was kicked out at four years old. I liked the swirly slide...not the dumb elephant nose of a slide, I wanted to sing itsy bitsy spider, not old school Jesus loves me...I see Abby with that same spunk.

1 comment:

Giles said...

That's why you need to move back here and live in Pace, where the Santa Rosa County schools are AWESOME!!! They consistantly post some of the highest scores in the state of Florida every year. Abby can ride the school bus with Jake (or we can set up a carpool). :)