Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandmom Trickey and Mom (Abby's Mee-Maw!)






Before I post, I have to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMOM TRICKEY AND MOM!!!!!

This week has been.....a special one. Abby is getting her top two teeth in, I believe, and let me just say, it's been pure torture!!!!!!! I don't know what I was complaining about with those first two teeth, compared to this time around, Abby was sweet as pie! She has been crying for the past two and a half days!

At first, I thought that maybe she was just sick, but, all day yesterday and today she has been biting me, chewing on her hand, and almost clawing at her gums. I have given her EVERYTHING that she could possibly take for teething (minus the highlands teething tablets that are hiding around this apartment somewhere...). She's had alternating doses of tylenol and motrin every two hours (every four hours for each...they can overlap :-P), frozen chew toys, cold wet washcloths, a numbing ointment for the gums, and popsicles. That list exludes my own fingers and hand, haha. She'll calm down for up to an hour, but, then we are back to square one. I just feel so bad for this poor child!! She has been taking a lot of naps, though!!

The saddest part of it all, she is refusing to nurse completely and eat most of the time :-(. I'm so scared that my milk is going to dry up. We were starting the weaning process, but, I wanted it to go on until she was one. Pumping doesn't work for me either :-(. I'm a little nervous, also, because she is refusing formula!!!! What do you do in these crazy situations???? I might have to call the pediatrician tomorrow, because, I'm afraid that she is going to be dehydrated and malnourished. I did get her to eat a few bites of yogurt and she attacked my pizza from lunch. At this point, I don't care what she eats, as long as she is getting something!!

Earlier today while she was having one of her good hours, she decided that she would crawl under her activity table to play with the toy bins behind it. I noticed that she was under there for a while, and, it turns out that she was taking a little snooze. I picked her up and rocked her for a little while and then put her down for nap number two. After she woke up, we played for a little while and watched planet earth. We then headed to WalMart to pick up some more popsicles, formula for another desperate attempt to feed her, and rotisserie chicken for me, because, if I wanted to eat today, it was going to have to be precooked and ready to eat.

Oh, and, Abigail really REALLY likes popsicles...we've had four today (shared, of course)! The pictures of her crying are when I told her that we were done, haha. She wanted more and kept making the "uh uh" sound that indicates, "um...next bite, please!" When she realized that it was not coming, she started to fuss, and, then got distracted by Planet Earth playing on the television. Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What about rubbing some kind of alcohol on the gums? Or is that just a wives tale?