Saturday, June 13, 2009






This weekend has been wonderful!! Lynda came down just in time! I was seriously about to lose my sanity from the lack of sleep I was getting. Not to mention that I felt like a terrible mommy since I couldn't make Abigail's teething pain go away. I was so nervous that since Abby stopped nursing and was refusing every other liquid under the sun that she was going to be dehydrated. I scheduled a doctor's appointment.

I have to say, I was slightly excited that we were going, because, I had NO CLUE how much Abby weighed. She came in at 15 ibs 10 ounces (fully dressed). Geez, she's tiny. She's also 26ish inches long with a head circumference of 18...ish. Haha...I had to do those last two measurements on my own...they didn't think that was very important at the docs. This brings her in at a below the 5th percentile for height and weight, but, over 75 for that head. Maybe that's the reason she has a hard time holding her head up, haha. It's so heavy for that body! She really does look like a bobble head. Her appointment went great, she wasn't dehydrated, and, then dr. said that she was fine without the milk. As long as I kept her on a well balanced diet and gave her lots of fluids, she would be peachy keen.

Afterwards, we all went to eat lunch at Panera Bread. I was STARVING, so, I got a salad and bread bowl. I was so dissapointed to see that they barely filled that bread bowl. I should have just gotten a bowl of soup...it would have been cheaper, more satisfying...and, I never eat the bread bowl..just the top. After lunch, we came home and pigged out on the usual: Chips, Sinton's Dip, Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper, and Haagen Das...yum.

Today we went to breakfast at the same little place as usual. It was so good, but, Abigail was not on her usual best behavior. She didn't fuss, but, she had a lot of fun throwing her food (as well as mine) all over the floor. I couldn't keep my plate far enough away from her, so, she kept grabbing the hashbrowns, trying them, disliking them, and then throwing it on the floor. I feel so bad for the poor waiter who had to clean it all up. After breakfast, we came home, and, I was able to get four loads of laundry done! Abigail took a nice long nap on my tummy while Lynda went and picked up some Jimmy Johns for lunch. Abby then took another long nap on Lynda's tummy. Here's to hoping that she dosen't really think this is how she should sleep.

No comments: